Have seen migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL in many projects after the Oracle purchase of MySQL, here is one case where it had to be otherway in Uber. Issues faced were
- Inefficient architecture for writes
- Inefficient data replication
- Issues with table corruption
- Poor replica MVCC support
- Difficulty upgrading to newer release
The databases – OS support mapping is now finally complete, while all other databases had support for both popular operating systems, Microsoft couldn’t till now penetrate the server market without this support, so it has completed the disconnected link now with this announcement. Better late than never has prevailed..